While my mom was here, we hit Michael's craft store. I found a lot of great stuff, especially for Christmas. Yeah, I know...but they had great little kids crafts for dirt cheap! Plus they usually send out a 40-50% coupon that you can use on things like Bendaroo's and Pixos! (Yeah, I am already Christmas shopping.) Anyway, we found these great wood kits everything from airplanes to sailboats for only $1! We used them for FHE. Here's a clip.
Arrhhh! I don't know why there is no sound, I will do a play-by-play:
Mom: Coda what are you doing?
Coda: Painting a airplane.
Mom: Did we do that for Family Home Evening?
Coda: Yep.
Mom: Did you do build it by yourself?
Coda: No, we did it together.
...
Mom: Gracie, what are you doing?
Gracie: mumbo jumbo apane mumbo jumbo. Bye.
For our "throw together" FHE, we focused on working together as a family. I put all the pieces in a brown bag and we each took one out, until they were all gone. We tried to have the kids put their pieces together to make something, (Coda had the two wheels and he was sure he had a car). I explained that we need to put all our parts together and work together to build a what???? AN AIRPLANE! Really, they were that excited. We had a blast.
Go shop your nearest Michael's today!
2 comments:
I had NO IDEA they had those. They will be perfect for a couple little boys I need to buy for too. Thanks for the great idea. I am incharge of the enrichment next month on Cheap Christmas Gifts...I am going to use this - let me know if you have anything else you find!
Good FHE!! I miss you little kiddos! We should figure out how to talk via a web cam so I can see how big they are getting! And just and FYI-I couldn't get my sound to work from my phone either! Weird. Oh and thanks for the memories. I will never forget either one. Haha
Post a Comment