Day 20. We finally rolled out of bed and made it just in time for breakfast at the hotel. We went back the the room for some R&R. Gracie was climbing up on a chair, when she looked at me and tears started to swell. She said, "Mommy, my neck hurts." For about fifteen minutes I tried to rub her neck (thinking it was just a strained muscle) or move her arms. But every time she moved she screamed at the top of her lungs. It was so out of character for Gracie to act that way we decided to take her to an urgent care. Gracie was so scared the doctor couldn't even examine her. He pretty much said, go home and give her some ibuprofen. Ignore her and see how she acts, if she still hurts, don't bring her back here. Really, that was basically what the Doc said. Thank goodness she didn't let him touch her, because then I would have had a huge doctor bill!
She didn't really move for the next few hours, at least until the medicine kicked in. Then she was up a moving, although she never turned to the left.
She felt good enough that we were able to go swim for an hour. Then we got ready to hit Chuck E Cheese.
This is Grandma Mennear. She is so much fun!
I am not sure the kids' feet really moved during Dance Dance Revolution. I think it was mostly their upper bodies. So cute!
This game was a blast. It was a screen that had a few different games on it and you would hit the screen with a hammer. I think Ann and I had more fun with it then the kids did. Not to mention, I totally kicked Ann's butt!
See the kids with their hammers?
Good ol' Chuck E bribed a bunch of kids to do a little dance for some extra tickets. Gracie and Coda were hilarious!
Grandma's sure do know how to spoil!
After Chuck E Cheese, we went back to the hotel to crash. Ann and I stayed up a little later talking. Another reason why I love my MIL. Oh, here are some other reasons:
It's really funny to watch her try and find her lost sandwich in the car, only to find out after she pulled over that she had been sitting on it the entire time!
AND its so funny to hear her struggle getting into her bed. She swore up and down someone had sewn the sheets together. After I finished laughing my head off, I politely told her she was laying on top of her sheet!
She's a hoot and that's why I love my MIL!
On day 21 we traveled home. We were all so excited!
Thank you everyone for taking care of us during out 21 day stay! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family.
And to my kids,
Thank you so much for making the long trip with me. Having you was like having a little bit of home with me where ever I went. You two were so good and well mannered. We only had a few bad days, and I blame that on the lack of sleep. You both were great, considering we were away from home so long. I hoe to do it again next year.Thank you for being so wonderful. You are my beautiful gems and I will treasure you always!
Love always,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment